Friday 26 June 2015

Matte Lips

Hey guys!

Sorry I’ve been away for so long!
I’ve just been overwhelmed with exams, work and some family commitments.

But I’m back now!
Ya’ll miss me? HAHA!

On the Lips: Lime Crime 'Wicked'

So today’s post is a really short one in regards to: Matte Lipsticks.

The pro’s of wearing a matte lipstick to a dinner would be:
1.     It is very long lasting- Doesn’t budge.
2.     Vibrant colours are available.
3.     A little goes a long way.
 
However, the cons are:
1.     Some matte lipsticks are drying on the lips.
2.     Some may tend to show dry/died skin on and around your lips.
3.    Matte lipsticks dry quickly- which isn’t necessaryly a con but once
 it sets there is no way you 
will be able to move the lipstick. Unless you use a makeup remover of course. 



Today I’ll be showing you the one and only matte lipstick 
that I have and this is the: 
Lime Crime Velvetine in the shade ‘wicked’.

Lime Crime is no longer available in NZ but you can order it straight from their website. There has been a scandal involving Lime Crime but I have no opinion on that matter since I purchased their product before the scandal.  

Lime Crime Velvetine- In The Shade 'Wicked'. 
 Thanks to my girls Courtney, Paula and Courtney for my Artdeco 
lipstick that they got me for my birthday. I used the two lip colours that are somewhat contrasting and complementary at the same time. For a more bold and dramatic look.

Artdeco Lipstick.

I used this lippy to try and do a ombre lip, going 
from a deep red to shiny silver. 
Sort of like the picture below:


Here's the finished look:

Finished Look- Matte Lips with an Ombre Effect.

Social Media:
Jashil's Twitter: @JashilReddy
Jashil's Instagram: @jashilredddy
Jashil's Facebook: Jashil Reddy 
Jashil's Pinterest: Jashil Reddy 

2 comments: