Friday 10 April 2015

Red My Lips 2015

 
The Red My Lips campaign is carried out throughout the month of April internationally and appeals to raise awareness about sexual violence and to speak out against victim bullying.
So this means that we rally up together with saviours and support them. 
Its about spreading the word that RAPISTS are responsible for RAPE...not drinking, short skirts, or makeup.
Sexual violence is NOT a WOMEN'S ISSUE. It is a HUMAN ISSUE. It affects us ALL.


Some of the ways that we can raise awareness is by wearing clothes or accessories that have red lips or lip prints on them, or by painting one nail red or better yet wearing red lipstick.
Amazing right! I know! Red Lippy for the whole month! Woop woop!

Wearing red lipstick is about visibility not vanity. 

Join the event on Facebook! 

However, sometimes woman of colour can feel like red lipstick is a bit to much or just doesn’t go well with their skin tone. But let me tell you, it looks amazing on us!


Today I wanted to show you 5 different red lipsticks that I love and these lippy’s complement chocolate skin so well.


The first one is by Jordana in the shade 'Cherry'. This lippy has an amazing creamy formula that is rich in colour and provides full coverage. 
It's also very inexpensive. 

Jordana - 'Cherry' 

This lippy I received from Maybelline and in all honesty I probably wouldn't have purchased it in my own accord. But I do like it! 
It has a very tangerine-y colour pay off to it. 
Consider this a very bold lippy. 

Maybelline Bold Matte - 'MAT4'

       A trend that has become very popular is using lipliner to 
cover your whole lips.  
Which is a great way to start off wearing bold colours. 
                                     Using lipliner will also prolong  your lip colour. 

Astor lipliner - 'Framboise'

Now we have the Rimmel London lippy that was featured in my first post as Chanwyn's favourite red lippy. The best way to describe this colour would be; fire engine red.
It's a great lipstick and smells really nice to.

Rimmel London designed by Kate Moss - 10 

Last but not least we have a matte lip colour by an American brand 
that isn't available in NZ. 
I was able to get my hands on this lippy through Lip Monthly's 2014 December bag. 
This lippy truly just radiates and works so well with my skin tone. 

Magnolia Makeup -Matador



Social Media:
Jashil's Twitter: @JashilReddy
Jashil's Instagram: @jashilredddy
Jashil's Facebook: Jashil Reddy 
Jashil's Pinterest: Jashil Reddy 



Until next time xx 

Phil 4:13


No comments:

Post a Comment